“As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands — one for helping yourself, the other for helping others.”
— Audrey Hepburn
Thank you for being part of the Skyline Community! Our school and students only thrive with the support of their teachers and volunteers like YOU! There are many opportunities to volunteer throughout the year, here are a few highlights!
To make each of our Skyline Events a success we need willing and supportive chairs to help lead. If you have an interest in leading a team, please contact Abbey Poizer.
Every year, our school generates THOUSANDS of volunteer hours from parents, guardians, aunts, uncles, community members, businesses, senior citizens, college and high school students. There isn’t a job too big or too small to help support the education of our children. Please take a moment and check out the MANY various volunteer opportunities we have available throughout the school year. Every minute, hour and job helps. As volunteers we also tire and get volunteer burnout. We’re looking for new families to help in areas that they are passionate about. And for our returning families to continue doing the amazing work you always do! No matter what your passion, there’s a job for you!!!!
- An interest and enthusiasm for working with students
- The ability to work cooperatively with school personnel and other volunteers
- A positive attitude & enthusiasm
- The dedication to fulfill the obligations of the volunteer position
- Keep your sense of humor and smile often
Forms to fill out prior to volunteering:
- Volunteer Background Check for PPS (Required – online) Please complete via link below.
- The Volunteer Background Check is of primary importance as we rely heavily upon the incredible amount of parent support given in the form of volunteering in various school activities. The check may seem intrusive but it is a necessary measure to ensure the safety of Skyline children as required by Portland Public Schools. The process that is managed by the Security Services Department and the results are confidential. Questions regarding this process should be emailed to email@example.com
- Whenever you volunteer at Skyline, you must wear a volunteer badge. All volunteers must read, sign and return the Volunteer’s Code of Conduct. Those planning to drive Skyline students to/from a Field Trip must also complete the Driver’s Statement and return it with copies of a valid Driver’s License and current auto insurance certificate.
- Please read through Volunteer Opportunities below and indicate which jobs you are interested in. You can also download a pdf form and submit to the office.
- Check out our list of chair positions.
Return the forms to the office by Friday, September 6th
- All school volunteers are expected to maintain confidentiality while working in the school. Any
information seen or heard at school about children and/or their families should be considered
privileged. Trust must be established and maintained in order for this volunteer program to be
- Discipline of students is solely the responsibility of the teacher in charge. Volunteers should in no way discipline students. Should students misbehave in your presence, you should report this immediately to the teacher in charge. The teacher will then determine the necessary course of action.
- Thank you for your time and commitment, don’t forget to log your hours.
PTA Board Member:
President ~ Clarissa Kearns
Vice President ~ Laura May Baggett
Secretary ~ Carly Mersereau
Treasurer ~ Amber Anderson
Volunteer Coordinator ~ Abbey Poizer
Don’t forget to log your hours! Every hour logged earns us money. Many companies match our volunteer hours and give us money!! You can always log your hours at school too!