Our Auction is our school’s BIGGEST event of the year! We rely on donations from our local community and businesses. We also ask for support in the form of sponsorship for our event, which you can learn more about on our auction page. We are extremely lucky to have some amazing sponsors this year! If you are interested in sponsoring our event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or click our easy online form.
Thank you so much to Hair Fairies for sponsoring our Skyline Auction for 2018. Your support is greatly appreciated.
We are honored to have Abbey Creek Vineyard sponsor our event this year, Bertony’s dedication to Skyline as a local community member and parent are unmatched. Thank you for supporting our Auction!
Skyline is a special community and with the help of two wonderful community members and Skyline parents, Karina Ganz and Tanya Smith as sponsors for our 2018 Auction. We are honored to have your support, thank you!
We are honored to have Kristin Rader Real Estate Group Sponsor our event this year, her dedication to Skyline as a local community member and parent are unmatched. Thank you for supporting our Auction!
“Why, this car is auto-matic. It’s system-matic. Its hyyyyydro-matic. Why, it’s greased lightning!”
Auction is around the corner, just one week from Saturday. It’s time to get excited!!!! Here is a quick list of what to expect, questions answered and some party tips!
- Why are we here?
- Besides a good time? The auction is our BIGGEST fundraiser of the year. Without your support, your contributions, your time and effort, your compassion, your help, your LOVE for our children ~ without YOU we couldn’t do what we do at Skyline! This event helps us raise funds to keep class sizes small, offer Spanish instruction to our primary grades, pay for field trips, support and supplies for our classroom teachers, pay for books and so much more! Anything you can do to help support OUR STUDENTS is valuable! And we also want to see your costumes!!!!!
- Costume ~ yay or nay?
- Costumes are definitely encouraged, it’s so much fun to see everyone get into the spirit. But surely aren’t required! You can show up in a 3-piece suit or jeans and a flannel and you’ll be JUST FINE! We just want to see you there having a good time!
- What time does everything kick off?
- The pre-party begins at 3:00 at the Skyline Grange. The auction begins at 5:30 at the school. Consider carpooling as parking is tight at both the Grange and school.
Please be advised, PPS informed us that security will be present during our event on-site at the school.
- Is there a cost to attend the auction?
- Nope, our auction does not have a fee to attend. Beer, wine and
hor d’oeuvres are offered at the Pre-Party for $10 per person. There is also food at the auction itself for $10 per person.
- Do I have to purchase anything from the auction?
- There is no requirement to buy anything or spend a minimum amount of money. We keep our auction budget friendly and there are many items that would appeal to any budget. Find some great deals during our silent auction, some individual class projects or desserts to snack on! Do what you can, every penny counts! It’s also a night for families to mix and mingle and get to know each other.
- How do I know what is going to be there?
- A very detailed catalog will be sent home with your oldest child on Monday, be sure to be on the lookout! I LOVE getting the catalog! Think of it like getting a new magazine in the mail. Grab a cup of coffee or tea, a highlighter or sticky notes and start marking all the fun things you’re interested in! You can always peruse the catalog online as well, but I can’t guarantee the fun since you can’t use sticky notes or a highlighter!
- Are there pictures that I can check out from previous auctions?
Most of all, please COME to the auction! It’s a great time and we are very excited to kick off another year in the books! For more auction details, check out the Auction Page!
Come join our February PTA meeting!
Snacks and FREE childcare
Childcare is provided with pizza dinner (please RSVP by 2:00). Snacks, lively conversation and amazing insight into the world of Skyline for adults, ALL FREE! Teachers welcomed and encouraged to join our wonderful community!
We will have special guests from the Skyline Ridge Neighbors as well as the Grange to provide a brief recap of what the Grange has been doing for earthquake preparedness. They will give us their thoughts on how they may assist the school and students in the event a major earthquake (or other emergency) occurs during school hours. This will be a brief presentation, a more in-depth one in collaboration with PPS will be held next Thursday the 22nd.
Get full details on our upcoming auction as well as other PTA updates shared at our monthly meeting. Our full agenda can be found here for your reference.
Remember, only members can VOTE on important issues. Become a member today!
All our PTA news and updates, including links:
Need to find out more about the Auction? Check out our NEW Auction page! A wealth of information. I will also be updating as we get closer with pictures, more information about auction items and events! Please take a few minutes to peruse…I promise, you won’t be disappointed!
Skyline PTA President