Welcome to the reality club! Reality of life with kids, work, activities, school functions and MORE!
Step back for a second and pat yourself on the back:
- You’ve managed to make it to week 3 and are still alive to read this
- Kids are most likely EATING at lunch (at least whatever they can consume in 20 minutes)
- For my new kinder parents, you’ve hopefully managed to sneak out of the classroom before 9:00am and your kid is having FUN!
- You’ve met a new parent, family, teacher or child at the school
- Now that it’s dark before 8:00, getting kids to be early is a piece of cake
Those are some big kudos, congratulations!!!
BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT:
As you’re marveling in your awesomeness, just remember TOMORROW, Thursday, September 15th is Back to School night. Join teachers, staff and the PTA for Back to School night. Grab your passport and let your child(ren) guide you through the school. While you’re out and about, stop by and chat with a PTA board member and our amazing Auction Chairs to learn more about our 2017 Auction. I’ll be available to chat with and fill you in on the PTA and upcoming events. Liz Asher (auction chair) and Shirley Baker (auction co-chair) will be available to speak to and answer your auction questions, the auction is our BIGGEST event of the year.
- Date: 9-15-16
- Time: 6:00pm-7:30pm (we will all begin in the gym @ 6:00pm)
- Who: All K-8 students and their families (younger siblings welcome!)
- What: Students will take the lead to show family members their classroom and tour other areas and spaces at Skyline
- Why: Parents and families are invited to meet their child’s teachers, learn about classroom/school routines, and see student activities/projects
- How: Families will visit each of their students’ classrooms with their student to complete a “Skyline Passport”. Completed Passports will be collected at the end to receive a prize.
- Hope: We hope every family will join us to learn more about Skyline, meet staff, see classrooms, activities, and examples of your student’s work!
Thank you for making Cornfest a success! It was wonderful to see so many new and old families there. The owl release made it so special as well, how wonderful for our little school. Special thanks to Brian Hoop, Kitty Nolen, Jinett Powell, Brandon Schmidt, Shannon Shinn and all the amazing volunteers! If you have receipts to submit for the event, be sure to grab a reimbursement form from the PTA mailbox in the office and attach your original receipts. We’ll get reimbursements taken care of after our first PTA meeting.
Don’t forget to mark your calendars for the first PTA meeting coming up next week, Thursday, September 22nd 6:00pm. Childcare is provided, please let Chris in the office know if you’ll be bringing your little ones. Pizza and fun is provided for the kids! Parents, guardians, teachers and community members are invited to join us to discuss our goals for 2017, snacks provided for adults as well. All our events and dates are listed on the PTA Calendar.
There are plenty of ways to help out at Skyline. Some of our upcoming events need YOUR HELP!
- Sign-up to take over a late start breakfast for our teachers, the first one is NEXT week!
- Picture Day is coming up on Tuesday, September 27th. We usually need 1-2 volunteers to help keep classes in line while getting pictures. Often times volunteers are compensated with discounted/free pictures. Email me if you’re interested.
- Clothing center needs our help!
Monday, Oct. 3rd is Skyline’s day to send 5-6 volunteers or more to be
a “personal shopper” to help kids receive clothing or to help sort donations to get them put out. The volunteer hours are 9:30am – 1:30pm at Marshall HS Campus, 3905 SE 91st Avenue. The main cross streets are SE 92nd and SE Powell, out by the Chucky Cheese. We have been having about 40 – 50 kids each volunteer day and NEED volunteers.
Volunteers will need to check in and check out at the Franklin HS Main Office.
I hope to see you all tomorrow night!