Is anyone else confused that today is Tuesday rather than Monday?!? But, hey, that means it’s only a 4-day week!!! What better way to celebrate a short week than Cornfest!!
Friday, September 9th
What is Cornfest?!?
For those of you who are new to Skyline or not new and have never attended, I’m here to tell you it’s one of my favorite Skyline events of the year! I was SUPER intimidated our first year because I had NO IDEA what the heck a Cornfest was! Alas, I attended and had a blast.
- My kids ran around playing with friends
- Soothing music was played by a local band
- We all ate TONS of corn
- Had a picnic in the field with the family
- BONUS, I didn’t have to cook or do dishes!
It was quite lovely and a perfect way to spend a Friday night! If you’re still contemplating…let me share the details of what’s to come this year!
- All the corn you can eat, FREE
- Harvest Share – too many plums, zucchinis or any other harvest goodies? Bring them along and share with the group
- A picnic dinner of chicken, green salad, potato salad, pasta salad and roll – $6.00 for 13 yrs & up, $4.50 for 5-12 yrs, 4yrs & under are free (cash or check)
- Music – Death by Thumbs with Skyline student Henry Earle
- Skyline Shirts for sale! (cash or check)
- NEW!!! Cornhole toss tournament – organized by parent Brandon Schmidt
- NEW!!! Owl release – Audubon Society will release several owls into the wild
- NEW!!! Bench dedication to Kyron Horman – new bench designed by former Skyline parent artist Ivan McLean
I hope I convinced you to come along and bring the whole family!!! Bonus if you bring your own plates, cups & silverware. Hope to see you all there and meet you if we haven’t met yet!
We are in need of MANY volunteers to make this event a success. Please consider signing up for a shift or two.